We are committed to ensuring the confidentiality and privacy of all Personal Information I collect during the conduct of My business. In relation to managing Personal Information, I abide by the National Privacy Principles contained in the Privacy Act 1988 (Cth) and the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR).
In situations where You personally provide Me with your Personal Information, I shall imply your consent to My collection on the basis that I have informed You herein what Personal Information will be recorded and for what purposes.
What is Personal Information?
Personal Information is any information that relates to an individual who can be directly or indirectly identified. I recognise that Personal Information is sensitive and that the provision of such information is an act of trust.
What Personal Information I collect, and why.
Personal Information is collected about You only in the following situations. Click a link below to jump ahead and learn more.
When You visit My Website
We use Google Analytics to provide analytics about the traffic to My Website.
When You visit My Website, if You don’t have cookies turned off in Your web browser, Google Analytics will create and save a number of small text files, called ‘cookies’, on Your computer.
These cookies contain the following general information about You:
- A unique identifier
- When You visited My Website
- How long You remained on My Website
- Which pages You visited
- How long You remained on each page
- What country and city You are located in
- What device, operating system, browser and screen resolution You are on
- What link You clicked on to get to My Website
Google collects this information and combines it with the information it collects about all My other Website visitors.
It then sends Me this aggregated (anonymous) data.
This data helps Me better understand My Website visitors, which in turn enables Me to more effectively market My Products and Services to them.
IMPORTANT: Google doesn’t send Me any information that can be used to personally identify You.
When You Contact Me directly
If You email, call or otherwise directly contact Us, I may collect the following information about You:
- Your name
- Your business name
- Your email address
- Your phone number
- Your website URL
- Your business address
- Your query, and any information You send or provide to Me (including the information detailed here)
- Any files you send or provide to Us
- Your deadline
- Information about how You found Us
- Your signature on Your Approval of Quote form
- Details of the fees You paid for My Products and/or Services
- All correspondence
We collect and indefinitely store this information in order to understand and meet Your needs.
Depending on how You contact Us, and what files and information You supply, I store this information in Gmail, Google Drive, Smartsheet, and a backup tool called afi.ai.
We may also have an internal discussion about your project on Slack, so some of your information may be stored there.
- Learn more about cookies…
- Read Google Analytics’ Terms and Privacy information…
How to request, change or erase stored Personal Information
To find out what Personal Information about You I have stored, or to ask Me to change or erase Personal Information about You, please email the Data Protection Officer at glenn at glennmurray dot com dot au.
Information I CANNOT erase
We don’t receive any Personal Information about You from Google Analytics, so there’s nothing to erase on that front.
Unless individually agreed with You in writing, We are unable to erase any information You provide to Me when You Contact Me directly. I.e. If You email, call or otherwise directly contact Us.
Why can’t I erase this information?
We can’t erase this information because it is required for taxation, legal and/or business maintenance purposes. For example, I need it to:
- Prove the accuracy of the information I supplied about My Products and/or Services, should that ever be questioned at a later date.
- Ensure I provide consistent information about My Products, Services and/or pricing to different people within the same organisation.
- Develop an enduring, enterprise-wide understanding of the needs of My market, and the most accurate and effective responses to common information requests. Your request and My response is important to that understanding. Moreover, My response constitutes valuable intellectual property to My business, and can only be properly understood if considered within the context of Your business details and original request.
- Keep a record of any price I quote to You and Your organisation for My Products and/or Services, along with any information associated with this quote (e.g. proposed solutions). This combination of quote and information constitutes valuable intellectual property to My business, and can only be properly understood if considered within the context of Your business details and original request.
- Prove You engaged Me to deliver My Products and/or Services, should that ever be questioned at a later date.
- Prove that I met Your stated needs and satisfied the brief You supplied, should that ever be questioned at a later date.
- Meet My reporting obligations under Australian taxation law.
How I store and secure Your Personal Information
We have multiple security measures in order to avoid the loss, misuse and alteration of Your personal information and make sure it is under My control. The personal data I keep is stored on a server located in Australia. This server is located in a controlled facility and only authorised personnel have access to the database of Personal Information. I have also set up a high security-level firewall so that I can keep your personal data secure.
All My staff are trained in the importance of keeping Personal Information confidential, and only those staff who are required to process, use or change Personal Information have access to it.
All Personal Information stored by Me is also backed up, off-site. Likewise the Personal Information stored by My technology partners is secured, regularly backed up and protected with organisational measures (e.g. staff training, risk assessment, reviews and audits).
We regularly review My privacy obligations and measures.
This Contract shall be governed by the laws of the State of New South Wales of Australia (“Territory”) and the parties submit all disputes arising between them to the courts in the State of New South Wales and any court competent to hear appeals from those courts of first instance.
- “Personal Information” is any information that relates to an individual who can be directly or indirectly identified.
- “Products” means the copy, designs, wireframes, sitemaps, websites, apps, software and any other deliverables enquired about or commissioned by You and created by us;
- “Services” means the work involved in creating the “Products”, and includes, but is not limited to requirements analysis, information gathering, planning, style identification, writing, editing, design, coding, testing and project management;
- “We”, “Us” and “Our” means Glenn Murray;
- “You” and “Your” means the user of the Website and/or the enquirer about / purchaser of the Products or Services, who is of legal age in the country of use.
- “Website” means the glennmurray.com.au website.